Registered Student Organization (RSO) Checking Accounts
Registered Student Organizations are required to deposit their funds
with the University. National social fraternities and sororities maintaining
a living unit are exempt from this regulation.
The Treasurer's Office encourages all student officers and advisors to
be familiar with all the University's policies governing Registered Student
Organizations. For Information on funding and registration, please visit the Student Organization and Activities section
Location and Hours
Account information can be obtained and account activity conducted, including making deposits and picking up checks,
in the Treasurer's Office, located in the Arkansas Union, Room 214 from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm, Monday through Friday.
Any current officer or advisor that is approved by the Office of Student Activities
may submit check requests. Click to
submit a check request.
Login using your UARKID and password:
- Click the the name of your RSO.
- Select the link to Request a Check.
- Fill in the payee, amount and description fields (the description field is a required field).
- Click the Submit button to send the check request to the Treasurer's office.
- The authorizer of the check(s), with picture ID, may pick up the
check(s) in the Treasurer's Office.
- Checks cannot be made payable to the same officer/advisor submitting
- Persons working for an RSO cannot be reimbursed using a regular
RSO check. See Paying for Labor.
- Checks cannot be written to "cash".
- Receipts must be presented when picking up checks written to reimburse
faculty or staff at the University.
- Receipts must be presented when picking up checks written to a student for any amount over $300.00.
- Voided checks should be returned to the Treasurer's Office.
Deposits are made at University Cashiers located in the Arkansas Union, Room 214.
A receipt will be given for each deposit made. All receipts
should be retained as part of the organization's financial records. Follow
these steps in making a deposit:
- Endorse all checks with the name of the organization, the account
number, your name and title.
- If there is more than one check in a deposit, run a register tape*
verifying the total amount of the checks.
- RSO groups receiving more than $100.00 per day are required to make daily
deposits. RSO groups receiving less than $100.00 per day are required to make
deposits when they accumulate $100.00, or weekly, whichever comes first.
- Run a register tape verifying the total for the cash.
- Run a final tape verifying the total amount of the entire deposit
(checks and cash).
- All RSOs should fill out an
RSO deposit transmittal
Input the information in the fields, then click the Submit
button. Verify that the form contains all required information and
that it is accurate, then click the Print button to prepare the
copy that you will bring to the University Cashiers Office with the deposit.
You can then either prepare another form or click the Back button to return to this page. The
transmittal document must include the information below:
- RSO name
- RSO Contact's name
- RSO Account number
- Phone number
- typed list of the check(s) that includes the following information: name of
payer, date of check, check number, and the amount of each check (attach
additional forms if more lines are needed)
- short description of the activities generating the funds
- totals deposited for checks & cash
- Present the deposit with register tapes to a cashier.
*A calculator is available in the Treasurer's Office for running deposit tapes.
A qualified officer/advisor may obtain a statement by sending a request
via e-mail to Kathy White at
or by visiting the Treasurer's Office. Reconciliation services are available
The Treasurer's Office will deduct the amount of the unpaid item from the appropriate
deposit and notify the treasurer of organization via their campus e-mail
account. There is no service charge on unpaid items. Returned checks may
be picked up in the Treasurer's Office by any qualified officer/advisor of the
organization. It is the responsibility of the RSO to collect the funds
for any unpaid item.
An annual service charge equaling .5% of the total deposits from July
1 through June 30 is assessed on June 30. The amount will be no less than
$.05 and no more than $50.00.
Unexpended Balances of Inactive Registered Student Organizations
Registered Student Organizations previously registered with the University may have unexpended balances remaining
in their organizational checking accounts, even though the group is no longer active on campus. If a Registered
Student Organization fails to officially re-register with the Office of Student Activities for two (2) consecutive
years, its University checking account will be closed. Any unexpended balance remaining in the checking account
will be used to fund programs and materials for Registered Student Organizations.
Paying for Labor
When an RSO becomes an employer, (i.e. hires its own members or other
persons to work for the organization) labor must be paid through Human
Resources' hourly payroll system. Contact Becky Shoemaker, Payroll Manager,
at 479/575-4851 for information on hiring procedures and the hourly payroll
Caution: Human Resources (Payroll)
is unable to issue a payroll check to any hourly employee who has not
completed the required forms and been entered into the hourly payroll
system. Ms. Shoemaker must be contacted before persons are allowed to
begin work for any RSO.
Any change in Officers or Advisors during the year will require updating on the
RSO Database by the Office of Student Activities staff. Approval by the Office of Student Activities is required before the new officer or
advisor will be granted access to an RSO checking account. Please visit the Office of Student Activities
for additional information on changing or updating officers and advisors.